The 80/20 rule works in so many areas of business and life that I'm surprised so many people don't know about it.
It's basic premise is that 80% of something is accomplished by 20% of the people.
Here are a couple of examples, not necessarily true, but probably not far off, either:
- 20% of ActiveRain members have 80% of the points
- 20% of Realtors have 80% of the business
Another one that I have found is definitely true is that the average sale requires five to seven contacts. Eighty percent of the people don't make the second contact!
Are you part of the minority!
Please post a picture of your cat right here.
Fifteen recent blog posts
- Returning comment for comment
- Russel believes it is okay to use short words and short sentences
- Name that photo!
- Where have all the people gone?
- Can your Clients see right through you?
- Who am I? A February history quiz.
- My five favorite business books
- Big pond or little pond?
- Need more ActiveRain points? QUIT DOING THE MINIMUM!
- ....just go ahead and get your feet wet.
- Rather than closing your business, sell it!
- So long, farewell, it's time for you to go....
- I can only do so much for you from here!
- I know he'll show up. I just have to be patient.
- When you're near San Diego State University, have some effin' fun at Effin's Pub & Grill
Helpful blog posts for ActiveRain newbies
- How to get 500 points with your ActiveRain success story
- Free help for Active Rain newbies
- 10 ways to get a featured post at ActiveRain
- How to keep people from reading your Active Rain blog
- How do you get people to comment on your blog?
- Using Active Rain more effectively by finding Power Partners
- Quit putting huge, gigantic, monster pictures in your blog. Now! (Help on resizing them)
- Using YouTube videos without slowing down page loading
- How to use the Active Rain system more efficiently