- The next time you order checks have only your initials (instead of first name) and last name put on them. If someone takes your checkbook, they will not know if you sign your checks with just your initials or your first name, but your bank will know how you sign your checks.
- Do not sign the back of your credit cards. Instead, put "PHOTO ID REQUIRED."
- When you are writing checks to pay on your credit card accounts, DO NOT put the complete account number on the "For" line. Instead, just put the last four numbers. The credit card company knows the rest of the number, and anyone who might be handling your check as it passes through all the check-processing channels will not have access to it.
- Put your work phone number on your checks instead of your home phone. If you have a P.O. Box, use that instead of your home address. If you do not have a P.O. Box, use your work address. Never have your Social Security Number printed on your checks. You can add it if it is necessary. However, if you have it printed, anyone can get it.
- Place the contents of your wallet on a photocopy machine. Copy both sides of each license, credit card, etc. You will know what you had in your wallet and all of the account numbers and phone numbers to call and cancel. Keep the photocopy in a safe place. Also carry a photocopy of your passport when traveling either here or abroad.
- When you check out of a hotel that uses cards for keys, do not turn the card keys in. Take them with you and destroy them. Those cards have on them all of the information you gave the hotel, including address and credit card numbers and expiration dates. Someone with a card reader, or employee of the hotel, can access all that information with no problem whatsoever.
I'm available 24/7, so feel free to contact me by phone or email.
15 most recent blog posts:
- Best wishes for health and reasonable health insurance....
- Christmas Eve San Diego from Coronado Island
- A public outcry really can make a difference!
- Don't let your home become a funeral pyre!
- The Good Fairy? The Easter Bunny? Santa Claus? What about Virginia?
- Angels and stars forbidden on holiday trees in Sonoma County, California
- Gifts from the heart for Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, closings
- Airline lost your luggage? Read this!
- November 2009 unemployment numbers fall for California and San Diego County
- My ActiveRain success story: If you write it, they will read, and then they'll come
- Today's Open House update
- How legislators are similar to Realtors
- Are you a....? Maybe a....? How about a....?
- Salvation Army still needs toys and food donations for their holiday giveaway
- November 2009 San Diego County home prices and sales figures are out -- It's good news!
My favorite ActiveRain Groups: